Monday, 25 November 2013

Come Quilt With Me - HSTs - Festive Cushion

Come Quilt With Me - HSTs 

*Festive Cushion *


It's time for project three of the 'Come Quilt With Me' quilt-a-long over at Hannah's blog. The third tutorial was for half square triangles (HST).  I must admit, that I had never attempted these before so rather than rush in like I often do, I read through the tutorial not once, but twice :-)


I wanted a festive design but nothing too obvious, so I picked out some gold stars on red and a black and white dotty fabric.  Out came the cutting board and rotary cutter and I got to work!


I followed the steps carefully and happily sewed away until all the squares were completed.  After a some cutting, ironing and trimming, I was left with a beautiful array of sewn pieces.
   

I layed out the pieces in quite a few different designs before settling with the pattern above.  At this point I had decided to make this design into a tote bag.


I added a spotty border and then a plain outer border in black.  Once this was completed, I changed my mind and decided this design would look even better as a cushion :-)  I have a stash of pillow inserts and luckily the fit was perfect, so with a bit more sewing and the addition of a zip, my project was complete!

I enjoyed this project and I really like the way the that HSTs can really jazz up a design. I will eventually get round to making a tote version too.

The HST tutorial can be found here as part of the 'Come Quilt With Me' quilt-a-long! All are welcome to join!

Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

Jen

Follow on Bloglovin


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails