Friday, 30 August 2013

Being Creative - A Series Of Owls

Being Creative - A Series Of Owls


A Blank Journal

Today I thought I would share some of the other creative things I've been doing to feed my creative need. I've take some time out to do sketching, painting and sewing.  Sometimes it's just nice to pick up a blank journal, a pencil/pen/paint/needle and thread etc and see where it takes you.

I bought an art journal last Summer and while I've created some mini artworks and sketches, up until a few weeks ago my art journal only had one entry. Well my journal now has two entries and I'll be sharing that with you soon but today I wanted to show some of my 'owl' artwork which forms part of my creative journey.  


The Eagle Owl Looking Very Serious

As you may already know, I'm often called a 'night owl' due to my nocturnal sleeping habits. I also feel a more intuitive kind of energy when creating at night - probably because I'm slightly in dream state ;-) I can still often be found creating something during most times of the day too. 

The Eagle Owl above was the first mini sketch to take form.  I used a mixture of pencils and watercolour paints applied with both brushes and my fingertips.  My Eagle Owl came out looking very serious - I think he could be a scholar :-)
   
Owl by Moonlight

The next owl sketch took form and has a mix of realness and a whimsical quality too.  This little owl is perched on a branch and bathed in moonlight.  Also a mix of pencils and paints!

The Touch Of Whimsy Owl

The last sketch has a more whimsical appearance, especially with the pink and blue colours for feathers and blue tree branch.  I added some scroll patterns and pink and blue flowers to complement our nocturnal friend!

I had so much fun working on these mini pieces of artwork and I can't wait to do more!  I definitely want to experiment with adding more different types of textures and mixed media.

I hope you enjoyed my mini creations.  Don't forget to leave a comment and let me know what you have been up to?  Have you been crafting or creating recently?

Thanks for stopping by

Jen ♥

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

Lynda Norton said...

Got my attention, words 'art journal' and sketching.

Loving your owls, look forward to seeing more of your journal too.

I am on a portrait course atm, trying to improve - takes up a lot of time and learning anything later in life taxes the brain cell.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails