Sunday, 21 October 2012

Make & Craft Magazine Feature - Festive Folded Star Tutorial

Make & Craft Magazine Feature
*Festive Folded Star Tutorial*

 Issue 1 November 2012 of Make & Craft Magazine

I have some very exciting news to share with you today.  You may remember that I mentioned the new craft magazine 'Make & Crafton my blog a few weeks ago.  Well I'm happy to say that the first issue is now available and my festive folded star is featured on the front page  :-) There is also a 3 page step-by-step tutorial guide too!
 I used to make these stars with my mum (a long time ago) and she would do all the sewing by hand and I would do the folding.  These days I use a sewing machine for the main parts, but they can still be made and sewn by hand.  The stars we would make were circular in shape and similar to the festive star featured.  The ones I tend to make now range in style, design and shape and I often add different finishing touches such as the fancy gold trim border for a special festive finish.  

Although these mats are very versatile, traditionally they were used as potholders but they can also be used to dress up a table (i.e. as table mats), turned into wall hangings and used in Christmas cards.

There are many steps involved in making the star but luckily the majority of the steps are folding and pressing with some sewing around each layer and the border.

The first edition of Make & Craft is available by digital download from here.  Also, there's a 10 page sample of the Magazine here.  Check out the contents page for some other amazing projects including 'knit a gift', steampunk eyeglass case and crochet snowflakes.

I would like to say a special 'thank you' and 'congratulations' to Katharine Jewitt and the fab team at  Make & Craft!

 

Until next time...

Jen :-)

2 comments:

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Congratulations!!!! What a lovely piece. The feature is very well deserved!

DogsMom said...

Woo Hoo! Congratulations!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails