Monday, 24 September 2012

Popular Crafts Magazine Feature - Tea Dyed Gift Tag Tutorial


Popular Crafts Magazine Feature 

*Tea Dyed Gift Tag Tutorial*



Some exciting news to share with you today!  My tea dyed gift tags have been featured in Popular Crafts Magazine October/November 2012 along with my written tutorial.  One of the tags is featured on the cover (shown above) and you can also see them in the contents and feature pages below :-) 



For the tutorial I made 3 hand dyed tags including an Alice In Wonderland 'Drink Me' tag and one with a vintage butterfly theme!

These days I usually make old fashioned looking tags with my nifty crafty tools, inks and blenders.  I have distressed inks ranging from old sepia tones to faded blues and pinks and I love the results I get with them!  Before I used these modern methods I would create old fashioned labels and tags with a tea dyed solution.  In fact I still do occasionally, especially when I want to dye lace and muslin.  It's such a great way to create the perfect old fashioned look!


You can see the full tutorial in the latest edition of Popular Crafts which is on sale right now!  There is also lots of other wonderful projects and valuable craft information and tips in this latest issue.

I would like to say a special 'thank you' to Katharine Jewitt and Popular Crafts!


Until next time...

Jen :-)


1 comment:

Kitkat said...

Congratulations for getting featured - it looks really cool :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails