Sunday, 19 August 2012

Bohemia's Looking Glass - My New Etsy Shop

Bohemia's Looking Glass



I'm so excited to introduce you all to my new Etsy shop called 'Bohemia's Looking Glass'!  A selection of my new designs have been featured throughout this blog post and there's even a discount code at the end of the post :-)

 
* made from rescued book pages

The new shop is linked to my main shop by the continued use of the name 'Bohemia'!   Miss Bohemia which will remain as my main shop and will continue to be filled with jewellery and accessories full of bohemian glamour, darkly romantic designs, vintage inspirations and fantasy and fairy tales!   

 
* made from rescued book pages

While the second part of the new shop name, the 'Looking Glass' takes inspiration from 'Alice In Wonderland' & 'Through the Looking Glass' - books filled with magical, whimsical and sometimes non-nonsensical quotes :-)  The 'Looking Glass' was also chosen because most of the words and quotes created into the wonderful jewellery you will see, are placed within delightful vintage styled settings and sealed under glass cabochons;- hence you have to look through the glass to see them.


This shop will be filled with literary themed jewellery and accessories, along with some of my favourite quotes and words!   'Wuthering Heights' and 'Pride and Prejudice' are just two of the literary classics you will see appearing in Bohemia's Looking Glass.  Also, I'm sure it will be no surprise that 'Alice In Wonderland' will also be featured in this shop too! 

 
* made from rescued book pages

Some designs will be created using modern scripts, while others will incorporate text from vintage rescued and recycled books and other memorabilia.  

 
** made from rescued book pages

   The jewellery will be available in silver plated, bronze and gold plated finishes. The range will include earrings, necklaces, rings, cuff links and accessories e.g. bookmarks and pocket mirrors.  

 

Future plans include hand stamped metal designs and I also plan to offer a service whereby personalised quotes, names or words that may have a special meaning to you can be requested and made into jewellery!

I hope you have enjoyed a glimpse into my new shop and latest designs and I hope you'll come to visit soon!   I have set up a facebook page for 'Bohemia's Looking Glass' for info on shop promos, discounts, new designs etc but will also add updates to my main 'Miss Bohemia' facebook page too.  

*Blog readers can enjoy a special 10% off all designs at Bohemia's Looking Glass until 31st August 2012 by adding the discount code  'BOOKLOVEAUG' when checking out.

Jen :-) 



2 comments:

Sarah said...

I think this is a fab idea. I started doing some Alice themed bits myself and I love quotes, but at the moment I've had to close my shop, sadly some family illness and I should be moving at some point so a lot to juggle!

There are so many books you can choose from too! If I don't get round to making items again or get chance to make a lot for December time I may well use you for the personalised service- got a few ideas!

SusanKMann said...

These look amazing. You really could put anything in there. Lovely idea x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails