Sunday, 4 December 2011

Miss Bohemia at Rosewill Cottage for Diabetes UK

Miss Bohemia at Rosewill Cottage for Diabetes UK

Some of you may remember that I mentioned that my designs are being stocked at Rosewill Cottage in Whitley Bay, UK.  Owner of Rosewill Cottage, Dawn McLean kindly donates a section of shop space known as a 'charity square'.  Each month the square is filled by a different Artist's handmade designs and all sales raised from these designs go directly to the Charity nominated by the Artist. 

In addition to my regular square, in December I also have the 'charity square'. All sales raised from Miss Bohemia designs in the charity square will go to the Charity I have nominated; 'Diabetes UK'.  I have chosen this Charity for several reasons.  I have taken part in 5K Charity Fun Runs (for The British Heart Foundation and the Race For Life for Cancer) and had planned to do so this year for Diabetes UK but as I was unable to, I wanted to find another way to lend my support. I have included some of the information provided by Diabetes UK's website below.

Diabetes UK's mission is "to improve the lives of people with diabetes and to work towards a future without diabetes".  Diabetes is a serious health condition with both short term and long term complications (including cardiovascular disease, retinopathy, kidney disease and nerve damage) and affects some 2.8 million people in the UK (including a close family member and friends with this condition).  Diabetes UK explains that "Diabetes is a condition where the amount of glucose in your blood is too high because the body cannot use it properly." Type 1 diabetes develops when the insulin-producing cells in the body have been destroyed and the body is unable to produce any insulin. Type 2 diabetes develops when the body can still make some insulin, but not enough, or when the insulin that is produced does not work properly (known as insulin resistance).

 Diabetes UK states that there are "over 850,000 people with this condition that don't know it". The list of symptoms for diabetes are given on their website here.  Further information can also be found at their website here.
As I now have 2 sections of shop space over at Rosewill Cottage (and so as not to confuse you :-)) my regular square is highlighted with my regular cream logo and jewellery cards, while the talented Debbe of 'Ephemeras Vintage Garden'  created a pink logo and pink jewellery cards (which can be seen in some of the photos) for me to use for my new square for December the 'charity square' (thank you).  I chose pink because this is a colour used for the Diabetes UK logo and their website. 


I have included some photos in this blog post of the jewellery available in this new section at Rosewill Cottage.  The designs include a 'Lullaby' charm bracelet (with a mini piano and music charms), a 'Love & Hope' Charm Bracelet and a 'Shopaholic' Charm bracelet with mini shopping bags & credit card charms,  earrings, bagcharms, bookmarks and fantasy pendants! 

So if you're in or near the Whitley Bay area and fancy a bit of retail therapy do stop by Rosewill cottage and you could own a wonderful piece of jewellery and support Diabetes UK at the same time.  Rosewill Cottage is located at 188 Park View, Whitley Bay NE26 3QP (in the UK) and open from 10:00am-5:00pm Monday to Saturday!

I would like to thank my sister 'Sammi' for helping me in my time of need with the designs, pricing and packaging  :-)

Thank you for taking the time to stop by!

Jen x
Rosewill Cottage: The Bead Shop in Whitley Bay
Thank you to Dawn McLean of Rosewill Cottage for donating shop space

*Miss Bohemia is also going 'pink' on twitter and facebook for December too.
**Figures and statements on diabetes sourced from the Diabetes UK website.

2 comments:

SusanKMann said...

These look great. x

Debbie-Anne Parent said...

Beautiful items Jen, and a great cause to support :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails