Sunday, 2 October 2011

Sew inspired - New designs coming soon

I seemed to have developed a new crafting addiction to add to my every growing list.  Up until recently it had been many years since I used a sewing machine (probably not since school), but I've been wanting to make a pretty range of fabric based accessories to complement my jewellery and accessories range for some time.  

Pink Eiffel Tower Cushion

I signed up for a 3 hour beginners 'Learn to Sew: Cushion Cover+Floral Corsage' class over at The Make Lounge.  The class was a lot of fun and I had a wonderful tutor!  This is the cushion I came away with at the end of the class.  I just love the feel of the fabric and the pink Eiffel Tower design. 


Cream with vintage script purse

My next class was how to make Metal Snap Frame Purse and involved the use of a more complicated pattern, inner lining, purse frame and fabric glue.  I really enjoyed this fun but challenging project.  I chose a gorgeous cream fabric complete with a vintage styled script for this design, a vintage rose design for the lining and a bronze frame to complete the vintage style. 

Cream with vintage script cosmetic purse 

Back at home on a borrowed machine, my first project was to make a small cosmetic bag/purse using the same styled cream vintage script fabric with a complementary beige lining.  Adding the zip was probably the hardest part but my struggles were worth it to produce such a classic piece. 

Travel journal purse & mini cushion

Continuing with the vintage style of fabrics, I found this pretty travel journal linen fabric. I used this fabric to make a pretty cosmetic purse and a mini cushion.



My last design to share with you today is a large purse made from a cream French style fabric with postcards, notes and love letters.  The lining is full of deep pink roses on a cream background.  This vintaged style purse is the first of my fabric based designs available at Miss Bohemia.

I'm 'sew inspired' that I plan to develope a new range of handmade fabric accessories ranging from purses to cushions for both my website and Rosewill Cottage in Whitley Bay (UK).

I hope you've enjoyed seeing my new creations and if there's a class or craft you're interested in 'go for it' :-)

Jen x

2 comments:

JackieGems said...

These look amazing. How did you make them? They must have taken a lot of time and effort!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

They are all so lovely!!!! You did a great job with each and every piece!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails