Monday, 18 July 2011

My latest creation ~ Mermaid Treasures Altered Art Trinket Box

Mermaid Treasures
Secret Garden Altered Art Keepsake Box


www.missbohemia.com
 
Those of you lovely readers who saw my "getting crafty" blog post, may remember that I spoke of wanting to explore other types of crafting.  I have recently been working on creating several altered art keepsake/jewellery boxes.  Some of these are still work in progress, but I have completed my first keepsake box and wanted to share it with you. 

www.missbohemia.com

As I have been making lots of 'Mermaid' jewellery for my shop, I had what was originally going to be a Mermaid pendant in a bronze setting.  This mermaid charm provided the inspiration for the keepsake box I'm featuring today.  The mermaid image contains a lot of greenish and gold hues and I wanted to incorporate this into the colour theme of what started off as a small plain wooden box.

www.missbohemia.com

I used variety of paints, inks and stamps to create this little beauty as well as adding the mermaid setting as the focal point.  The stamps used included the word "Dream" and a vintage styled script.   Tiny dragonfly charms were also added and some of them were given a distressed stain with a darkish green hue.  I wanted to give the box a distressed vintage style.

www.missbohemia.com

I even decorated the inside with the same colour theme and mermaid imagery inside.   The colour scheme reminds me of a secret garden.  It's great for storing small pieces of jewellery and over secret treasures. 

I loved the way it turned out and I am already working on several new trinket boxes.

This little treasure is available in my Folksy Shop here.

Thanks for stopping by :-)

Jen x

3 comments:

CeeGee Jewellery Design said...

That's beautiful! I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award :) More details here http://ceegeejewellery.blogspot.com/2011/07/versatile-blogger.html

Carolyn x

Green Shoot Jewellery Designs said...

Absolutely stunning, I'm loving your mermaid jewellery too.
Deb x

nerllybird said...

What a beautiful box; I like the colours too, and the composition of the elements on the lid is perfect!
Helen S

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails