Tuesday, 14 June 2011

What I'm working on... Getting crafty with Marie Antoinette!

What I'm working on... Getting crafty!

Queen Marie Antoinette by Joseph Hauzinger (1777)
Lately I've been wanting to experiment with different crafts outside of my usual jewellery making! I did study art at school (and sewing too), but the techniques learnt now seem like a distant memory!  I'm thinking of doing some classes in art and sewing as well as mixing it up with some altered art workshops, but in the meantime I have been busy experimenting with 'crafty stuff' from some wonderful crafty websites!

 I wanted to create some romantic vintage styled shabby chic pieces and found some fabulous 'Marie Antoinette' stamps that fit in with my theme perfectly!  I've been having fun creating handmade birthday cards, ATC cards and I even managed to incorporate some of my ideas into my jewellery making :-)

Marie Antoinette Birthday Card
I made this handmade birthday card using the 'Marie' stamps alongside faux jewels, pink glitter, a silver fan and a silver etched birthday message! 

Marie Antoinette Necklace & ATC Card & Envelope
I loved the vintage styled 'Marie Antoinette' designs so much that I went on a search for the perfect vintage images and designs to incorporate into my jewellery and accessories! The first finished piece is this medium sized glass pendant complete with pretty pink and cream pearls!  This is shown with a 'Let Them Eat Cake' inspired ATC card (and gift envelope) using the 'Marie' stamps and blending with Tim Holtz's distress inks.

Marie Antoinette locket
  
Close up of Marie Antoinette locket
Project number 2 is a large vintage style silver keepsake locket to which I will add pink and cream pearl beads!

Shabby Chic Bookmark
My last crafting project to show you today is a bookmark which continues the romantic shabby chic vintage theme!

These pieces are not yet available in my shop but I do plan to create a new shabby chic inspired range, which will include altered art jewellery boxes, paper jewelled bookmarks and other accessories.

I hope you've enjoyed seeing the results of my newest creations :-)

What new projects are you working on?

Miss B ♥

1 comment:

Faerie Moon Creations said...

These are absolutely lovely!!!! You have done a fabulous job on each and every one!!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails