Wednesday, 18 May 2011

The Wise Ones! Collection of Owls!

The Wise Ones! Collection of Owls!

Hoot Sweet - Great Horned Owl Greeting Card by Catcanpaint

Today I'm featuring handmade designs full of my favourite birds of prey!  I have always been fascinated by these solitary and mostly nocturnal creatures.  Their strong beak and talons, along with their ability to fly almost silently, enhances their predatory nature.  Owls are often associated with wisdom and intelligence in some cultures, while in others they are seen as a bad omen.  

The 'owls' I have featured here range from bookends, book covers, cards, as well as an assortment of knitted creations.  All have been 'handmade with love' by talented artisans!  (Please click each picture for more details)

Next week I will be featuring my favourite owl 'jewellery' based collections'.

Little Raggy Horse OddSox 
BaggieAggieToo
Little Red Robin
Busybeecards handmade cards for all occasions TClairez Cardz
Daisy Beth Bluebell and Rosie
beccabugs Bear in Mind
1. Little Raggy Horse
2. OddSox
3. Dottery Pottery
4. NOfkantsCurios / Natalie Ofkants
5. BaggieAggieToo
6. Little Red Robin
7. Busybeecards
8. TClairez Cardz
9. Daisy Beth
10. Bluebell and Rosie
11. Beccabugs
12. Bear in Mind

11 comments:

OddSox aka Thesockgarden said...

Thank you for including my stripey sock owl in your collection today. Such a lot of to choose from - I especially like Dottery Pottery's cheeky owl :) If you're a lover of birds of prey and find yourself in Hampshire you must visit the Hawk Conservancy - it's family run and a brilliant day out. They do 'fly an owl/hawk' gift days too. x http://www.hawk-conservancy.org/index.asp

NOfkantsCurios said...

Thank you so much for including my embroidered owl pendant / fob in you lovely feature gallery, so kind of you.

Some absolutely stunning owls in there and some gorgeous ones too, in fact they are all gorgeous and stunning. LOL!

Natalie x

Clairez Cardz said...

Thank you for including my owl card. A gorgeous selection of owls.

I can remember going to the hawk conservancy on a school trip and it was amazing. Going on my to do list with the children when visiting the grandparents in the summer :)

Claire x

LittleRedRobin said...

Thank you for including my fabric owl fridge magnets. They are fascinating birds and all the items are lovely.

I will be following your blogs with interest in future. Thanks x

dotterypottery said...

Thankyou so much for featuring my owl brooch - I love owls so much. In fact, my love for owls stems from a visit to the Hawk conservancy (which oddsox posted about) when I was in the Brownies!

busybeecards/craftybitz said...

What a great parliament of owls you have chosen and I am honoured that you have included my card
Thank you
Jan X

BaggieAggie said...

Thanks so much for including my Kindle case in such a great selection. I'm off to check them all out. :)

Great blog, btw!

Rosie. :) xx

Bluebell said...

Great selection! Thanks for including my keyring :)

ElfRenee said...

I love owls!!! What cute choices!

Gemma said...

So many gorgeous wols. love them all
Gemxxx

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Awesome collection of owls! I especially love Cat Can Paint's beautiful photo. :) Theresa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails